Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Office I

I have decided to start a new series of posts that have to do with things that annoy me at the office.
Today's rant... the people who talk like they are in the market (in the "shuk"), whom you can overhear LOUDLY even though they are in the office with the door closed. Now here I am, trying to concentrate on some Java code that is not cooperating and I have to listen to them laughing their effin heads off incessantly.
What to do?
Walk over and ask them to pipe down? hmmm... Not passive Aggressive enough.
Pack up and work from home? Tempting but my remote connection is temporarily disabled.

Now it just happens that one of the culprits sits a couple of cubes next to me, and it also happens that the rest of my team is not here today.
Which makes it a perfect time to play Britney's "Circus" album over and over again without headphones.
Loud.
It achieved not only the goal of distracting me from their Hyena-like laughter, but also served to annoy the one that came back to his desk after the meeting. Or so I hope.
Mission Accomplished.
We'll see if he's too passive aggressive to say something.
Payback's a BITCH!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

While I'm not such a Britney fan, you did remind of another solution to all office problems :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOxL4A7AD4g

Gilad said...

Oh I would totally do this if I did not suffer from office passive-aggressiveness. It would be a better solution, but Britney is in second place.
Sometime, you've just had enough, ya know??

Anonymous said...

Tell me about it. We have a small room here..3 ppl, one of them can drive us CRAZY. (Hey! that's Britney..how weird is that? :)

Gilad said...

hmmm... sounds like someone is more of a Britney fan than he cares to admit?.......
s'ok, it will be our little secret!

Anonymous said...

As long as it stays our secret.:) But I have such a varied taste in music, I might as well listen to her...

Anonymous said...

Angel, I haven't been on for a while. I can't help but notice that the last time I was on you were ALSO talking about Britney. I'm going to read through as much as I can - my money is on Britney appearing more than those two times.

womanizer your a womanizer womanizer somanizer baby.

I mean, really??