Saturday, December 27, 2008

F-I-N-A-L-L-Y!

Sorry I've been away for a while - the holidays (Hanukkah), my being sick and very busy at work unfortunately took precedence.
However as Britney said... I'm here now.
I cannot believe this moment has come. I am giddier than I was when I heard Britney was back. Israel has officially joined the league of civilized Western Nations.
Has Peace come to the Middle East? Better!
Is the recession over? Who Cares???

In the words of an annoying little girl who stared at the TV in a classic Speilberg movie (no doubt waiting for annoying little dogs to show up and take over the neighborhood).....


"THEY'RE HEEEEEEEEERE"



Oh YES! The Chihuahuas have made Aliyah! Beverly Hills Chihuahua is playing in Israel!
I saw the poster while going to see the movie Bolt (really good! Not like that F*cking DUMM-E movie). Miley Cyrus was great, John Travolta - not so much. But I digress! The great thing about movies like this for kids is that you can see them in English AND dubbed to hebrew. Valley-Chihuahuas speaking the Holy Language?

I may have to go see this movie twice!!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is that movie all about? And even stranger, why does this silly internal spellchecker think that "movie" is not an English word? :)

Now I will have to download all the Poltergeist (and it recognized THAT word) movies.

Hope you weren't too sick btw..winter does take it's toll. Though I still prefer it to summer.

Gilad said...

This is a classic highly intelligent movie about a talking Chihuahua (naturally in a Mexican Accent) that goes on an expedition to find his true love.
I can't BEGIN to tell you what a piece of quality filmmaking this is, especially compared to F*cking WALL-E, which is where I first saw the trailer.
Thanks, I'm better! you should be in heaven these last few days, huh?

Anonymous said...

It's been a while since I've seen ANY animated movie actually. Last one was Shrek 3 I believe. Maybe I'll check it out indeed :)

Weatherwise, the last few days have indeed been heaven. It's cold, it's gray, and even rains a bit. Just what I love. On the other hand, when I was in miluim up in the Golan, it wasn't that much fun...;)

Gilad said...

yeah I guess Miluim would put a damper on things...
Did you see Finding Nemo? That's one of the best ever. Shrek 3 sucked, in my opinion.
Hope there's more rain coming, I love it too!

Anonymous said...

Actually, I have yet to see it properly! (I've seen some parts, but didn't get the chance yet). Shrek 3 was kind of over-doing it. At least it has John Cleese in it :)
Did you see Monsters Inc? I loved that one..I think it's download time again...

Gilad said...

Monsters Inc was nice, not one of my favorites. Nemo, Ratatouille, and Kung Foo Panda were really good in my opinion.
Shrek 2 felt like more of the same and Shrek 3 felt like more of the more of the same. And now there's Shrek the musical on Broadway. Scary thought.

Anonymous said...

Shrek, the musical on Broadway? Well..they've turned worse stuff into musicals. I'm more of a West-end fan anyway..

Carlos said...

NOOOO, I can't believe Chihuahua makes to Israel. Please don't go see it. We hate Chihuahuas!