Friday, March 27, 2009

Affront!

I was walking with my friend Matt on Shenkin Street on Friday afternoon (Hey, Matt! Glad you could come visit!!) and we happened on what I believe is an affront to human decency and aesthetic.
I confess - I hate Crocks! I more than hate Crocks, I d-e-s-p-i-s-e them. I realize they are comfortable and cheap and so on and so on but they really are ugly, and apparently not very safe because it is very easy to slip and fall while wearing them.
What is worse than wearing Crocks?

Wearing Crocks with socks!!!!
I mean, c`mon!
Now I appreciate that at least he is wearing colored Crocks, of which there are a variety of options, and at least people wear something than the usual boring blue or gray or brown.
Why is this scary to me?
Because if you look closely you'll notice that the socks match the color of the shirt and the Crocks match the color of the trim on the sleeve.

He wasn't trying to be comfortable.

He was making a fashion statement, and he put thought into it.

With Crocks.

*shudder*

No comments: