Sunday, March 1, 2009

the Office IV

I used to really love the song Mama Mia by Abba. While not their best work, it is certainly catchy and fun, as most songs about wronged lovers and cheating should be.
I was even able to maintain my affection for it through the horrible, horrible experience that was Mama Mia the Movie. Pierce Brosnan sounding like a Moose that had been shot and left to die and Meryl Streep moving like an awkward teenager in a school play did not diminish my love of the song.
so what finally did it? Why, The Office, of course...
Somebody at work has the first bar of Mama Mia set as their ringtone and it drives me NUTS, due to a couple of reasons:
1. It's loud.
2. It rings incessantly.
3. he doesn't pick it up.
So about 5 times a day I hear the opening notes of Mama Mia. I'm sick of it. Is it too much to ask to have you put your phone on vibrate or at least TURN THE RINGER DOWN?!?!
Now I will admit to, a few years ago, having Fergie's "London Bridge" as my ringer, and when I used to love the song (I don't anymore) nothing would give me greater pleasure than to have someone call me and not pick up until the very last second because I wanted to
1. Hear the chorus.
2. Annoy my cubicle neighbors.

Karma's a bitch, eh? :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, here is your chance to enjoy Israeli attitude at it's best! Just go to him, and tell him "חלאס כבר עם זה". It won't even be considered as being rude, it's the way we talk here. :)

Gilad said...

this is definitely an option, or I shall resort to my passive aggressive method of turning on Britney Spears, REAL loud...

Anonymous said...

Britney again? :) Well, it's better than the Finnish folk song stuck in my head...