Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Spray it into the air and walk through it

One little thing I've noticed about (straight) Tel Aviv men: They tend to use a lot of cologne.
And by "a lot" I mean they will marinate in it for what has to be hours before they go out.
Interestingly, the women don't overdo it with the perfume.
The reason I mention this is because yesterday while sitting at a coffee shop I literally had to move my table away from the people behind me as the guy's cologne was making it hard for me to breathe. And every time I inched the table away, he would eventually back up with the chair and get closer again. ugh!
This is a picture of me disturbed by the sea of cologne the long-haired guy behind me was slathered in. I mean, seriously, if you put on half a bottle every time you leave the house, even to go to a coffee shop in the afternoon, how much are you shellin' out for cologne a month? There are starving kids in Africa for cryin' out loud!!!
And I have to say, with out being (too) bitchy (ok, it's bitchy), that his own body-chemistry-odor type or whatever wasn't doing the scent any favors, i.e. it sucked.
So if you're stuck with a bottle of cologne and an important engagement THAT REQUIRES its use and you're not sure how to go about SUBTLY applying it, use the title of this post as a one-step instruction manual.
Or else keep to breezy, open areas.
Thanks!

p.s.
(I tagged this post as "Germany" because Zemanta, my automatic label recommender, suggested it because I used the word "cologne". Just goes to show with today's state of artificial intelligence we won't be building any army of robots soon).


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it and agree with every word of it :-)

Gilad said...

Thank you, glad to know mine is not the only sensitive nose... :)