Sunday, November 2, 2008

Holy Deliveries, Batman!!! My stuff's here

Last week I got the call that my shipment has cleared customs and it will be a few days before I got it. This morning it cleared the Haifa port and it is on its way!!!
As a courtesy to my 3 regular readers, I have decided to live-blog the event...

8:38 pm : ok, so I'm not much of a live blogger. I think the problem is that when you quote-unquote "live", you don;t have time to quote-unquote "blog".
Anyway, the rest of the day was pretty hectic, the boxes started piling in, The General directed them downstairs, the Engineer checked them off thelists as they arrived, I unwrapped the packages in the paper so the movers could take it back with them, and Santa's little helper and the iElf were kept busy helping with everything.
All in all - everything arrived safely (it seems), and no more drama ensued.
At approximately 6:00 pm I lay down on my newly constructed bed to take a 10 minute nap.
At approximately 8:00 pm I woke up from my 10 minute nap. God, I missed my bed!!!!!


Here is a first look at my apartment with the boxes and the sofa finally assembled. And...... my bed! If you notice on the picture on the right - Elvis (my snowboard) is peeking out there.
He still feels bad about what happened...










2:20 pm - the first two packages arrived in the house! MAZAL TOV!!!

2:18 pm it's on!!! Much drama - The Big container van could not access my street (very narrow) so they parked outside of town (Reading parking lot) and decided to send the stff in two trips with a smaller van. Santa's little helper and I drove out to meet them there where the ceremoniously opened the container, and I drove back and left Santa's little helper there.

12:10 am: T-20: What's the appropriate music for such an occasion? Stevie Wonder works for ANY occasion. Stevie it is. Fulfillingness First Finale and Square Circle...

11:20 am: T-70: Cleaning the house. Not so much because of the movers as because my mother's coming to help. Can;t let her see a dirty house. Hide the laundry, clean the sink, usual pre-General visit stuff.

11:00 am: T-90: Got the call from the movers that they just left Haifa, so it will be about 90 minutes before they arrive. They asked me to make sure they have a place to park and I said sure. There's nowhere to park on my street. We'll deal with it when they get here and it's too late for them to refuse service.
Called Mom and Dad ("The General" and "The Engineer"), they will depart Headquarters shortly and arrive at the scene ASAP.
Texted Benben and Idan ("Santa's little helper" and the "iElf").

No comments: