Thursday, November 6, 2008

Idiocracy

I just recently watched the 2005 movie Idiocracy (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/), which I highly recommend. It depicts human sociaty in 500 years, dumbed down by consumarism. the funny things was that during the first 5 minutes of our hero being transported to the future I saw two familiar elements:
1. Mass piles of garbage as high as buildings
2. A guy sitting on a chair watching a multi-screen TV, with a built-in toilet and drinking spigot, so he would never have to get up.
Hey wait a minute! Any of that sound familiar? Why yes, you must be saying, sounds like elements from the movie Wall-E.
And since Wall-E came out AFTER Idiocracy, one must only assume that they knocked off those things from this movie. ALLEGEDLY.
Another reason for me to hate that fucking robot.

2 comments:

M. Hopskotch said...

I think I'm going to have to watch Wall-E now just to find out why you hate it so much...

Gilad said...

no no don;t watch it, I can tell you why I hate it :) I think you're gonna like it, actually.