Monday, August 18, 2008

First days at work



Well its been a long weekend!


I drove to Haifa for my first day of work. Here I am in front of my little rental Fiat Punto that I used to drive an hour and a half to Haifa, to the HP LAbs offices. The offices are located in the grounds of the Technion, which is like the Israeli MIT.

The view from the offices is astounding. It is of the Haifa Bay. Yes that is the oceanin the background.

I have also gone to the offices in Yehud, which are about 20 minutes east of Tel Aviv, they are much bigger! Mercury has built a new building which is very impressive.
I've been looking for an apartment feverishly. It is very difficult in this city - Supply is low and demand is high. You don;t need to be Adam Smith to figure out what that does to rental rates... yeah. Not pretty.
You'd think this was Manhattan.
Oh, and I have a new cell phone number. I will send it out to people but if you didn;t get it and want it, lemme know (not publishing it here MWAHAHAHAHA)


No comments: