Friday, August 15, 2008

well I made it!

Hello everyone, and welcome to my blog.

The purpose of this blog is to document my adventures in Israel, after 11 years in the USA. It's like a journey rediscovering a new land, and I'm taking you with me (whoever you may be).

I feel like Rhoda..... Tel Aviv, this is your last chance!!



Flights went ok. I had a moment at the San Diego gate where I considered abandoning everything and hightailing it to Laguna Beach, and a moment in Newark where I almost did the same to New York or Allentown (go figure!), but I ended up staying the course.

I did call my good friend Naomi and asked her to reassure me that I was doing the right thing while I was sitting at the McDonalds chomping on some chicken McNuggets, and she did. Naomi - I have faith! It was nourishment for the body as well as the soul.

Upon arriving I had a fantastic home-cooked meal (thanks, Dad!), slept like a maniac (thanks, jetlag!), went swimming at the Country Club where I worked when I was 17 and went to my favorite coffee shop in Ra'anana.

First day at work is tomorrow. Cross your fingers!


Oh and before I go ---- one gratuitous shot from my Goodbye Dinner at Mo's. Just me and my ho's......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look great!
Good luck & I m very happy that you are back to ISRAEL!
When do I c u ?
kisses
HARAGTA OTI MI-ZCHOK!

Carlos said...

Charlie's Angels

Gilad said...

OMG I have to post that shot too!