Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Offer Nissim

This past Friday I finally had a taste of the Tel Aviv nightlife, and it was the perfect introduction. Offer Nissim, a world-famous Israeli DJ, was spinning at the TLV nightclub.
I am not a big DJ fanatic and I can;t tell them apart, but Offer is very unique and I can identify his music. I think he's fantastic. Everyone in Southern Cal knows him too :)
This is my favorite song of his:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXMhchvbHtE

Anyway, My friend Asaf (one S!!) and I got there around 2:00 am (kudos to Asaf for getting us in for free). The place was PACKED SOLID! Apparently Offer is also very popular in Israel as well. Ten minutes after we got there he came on.
This being my first time ever seeing him, I was in awe. There was such energy in the crowd. His platform was right above the dance floor so he had great contact with the people. The spotlight was on him, and he seemed to be orchestrating the music as it was playing. People were responding to him, to the music, to each other. It was pretty amazing. There were dancers around him as well, but interestingly the spotlights were on him only, they were dancing in the dark.
Asaf cashed it in around 4:30, but I kept dancing until around 6:00 am. When I walked out of the club it was dawn and I decided to walk to the hotel, since it was pretty close. My leg was not cooperating very well (after a night of dancing, I wanted it to walk as well???) but I made it and fell into a fitfull slumber.
Until I woke up to go to the beach :)

1 comment:

Carlos said...

I know. I totally know what you are talking about. Offer is amazing!