Thursday, September 11, 2008

Advertising Tel-Aviv style

In Hebrew the word "Clearance" (as in "Clearance Sale") is also the word for Extermination, Elimination or just plain taking someone out. I was walking along Dizengoff Street a couple of nights ago and saw a shoe store that was having a Clearance sale and found a nifty way of advertising it in the window...
How do you exterminate? With uzi's, M-16's and the like, of course....
So a shoe extermination looked like this...

Note the arsenal, the chalk-outlines of the shoes and the police tape.
I think it's hilarious, but probably would elicit protests and angry letters in San Diego.

But I bet Sarah Palin would approve of this!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That pretty much describes the damage I did at DSW this past weekend and the weekend before! I was headed from lunch yesterday on Upas and 30th to Mission Valley and drove down Arnold Street where you used to live -- too bad you couldn't hop in the car and we could have done some damage together! Look out Tel Aviv on my next visit, I haven't finished spending my tax refund (I mean boosting the U.S. economy).

Gilad said...

I think boosting the US economy by spending your refund in Israel makes perfect sense!
I miss that ole place and you guys! Can;t wait for you to come visit!